Total Comments : 2564

#2524     The Church: Be The Church

Mildred hubert
Mildred hubert wrote at 10:32pm on November 25th 2016
Nice to meet you
My Name is Mildred i will like to establish a relationship with you kindly contact me with my email address for more introduction and picture
mildredhubert@hotmail.com

#2523     Can Non-Catholics Go to Heaven?

Mildred hubert
Mildred hubert wrote at 10:31pm on November 25th 2016
Nice to meet you
mildredhubert@hotmail.com

#2522     The American student who gave Cambodian children a chance to get clean

Mildred hubert

Mildred hubert
Mildred hubert wrote at 10:28pm on November 25th 2016
hi

#2514     Pope Francis Explains How to Put Up With Annoying People

Michael Casanova
Michael Casanova wrote at 1:35am on November 22nd 2016
Pope Francis' ideas on being bothered are two-fold. In this recent Rome Reports video, Pope Francis discusses what you can do when you are bothered by someone who perhaps has no valid point. Back in 2014, Pope Francis told Catholics to "“Bother your pastors, disturb your pastors, all of us pastors, so that we will give you the milk of grace, of doctrine, and of guidance." Here's the link to the Rome Reports video of the Holy Father's call to get bold and bother: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n84l2zQpx_8

#2513     Renaissance of Marriage Conference 2016

Rosa de Carvalho
Rosa de Carvalho wrote at 8:05am on October 24th 2016
Thank you for a great conference and for uploading the files =)

#2512     Can I Get a Tattoo?

Melania Lui
Melania Lui wrote at 6:04am on October 24th 2016
Kia ora and Talofa - South Pacific greetings. I have a female Samoan cultural tattoo - I am Catholic, I know this rule that he implies is exercised by the Protestant, presbyterian and Methodist Samoans, they seek permission first from their ministers and even then, when they have receivedc the cultural tattoo (Malu or the Pea), they are penalised and therefore have to give an offering to the congregation or something along those lines. Since the Vatican Two where it open the windows, allowing to be inclusive by allowing all cultures to celebrate their faith in their own language, to celebrate in their culture - to live their faith, speak and read their faith, to pray, this also spread into embracing our culture which allowed those tattooed traditionally and cutlurally to be a part. To be tattooed, you are sacrificing yourself to serve your people, your family, your community your village it is also a right of passage, like high society have their debutone balls etc for Samoans, if all family is in agreement - to be chosen to receive this honour you embrace your culture, in saying this as a Catholic - to serve the church, to be partake and participate, to serve in whatever way your parish or diocese needs you to, you humble yourself and accept what they need you to do - this is what a Samoan woman or man with a traditional Samoan tattoo does, to serve his or her God in whatever way the parish or diocese needs them to. And to make it clear, a Samoan traditional cultural tattoo is not sleeves, armbands or legs - it is the tatau, for the male it is full body - which is torso to beneath the thighs, for the women it is the malu the top of the thigh to below the knee and traditionally must be virgin - unless he is a chief and is married and therefore can receive it with his wife. I was blessed to have been tattooed by one of the best, Suluape Paulo before he passed away, a Catholic and ex-student of St Peter Chanel College in Moamoa, Samoa - educated by the Marist priests - using traditional instruments not machines. It is a personal journey that is part of my faith journey with my Lord. Before I received my traditional tattoo I prayed, my family gathered to pray the Novena and as we prayed it was not for protecting me from the pain or whether I survived - because the shame of having it incomplete or even worse, dying from it is real - but no that was not my prayer nor my family, my prayer was ïf it is your will my Lord, make it happen because without you I can't do it". I don't mind Fr Mike's sharing but I wanted to share from a perspective of a Catholic Samoan woman that was tattooed culturally in a traditional way.

#2511     Can I Get a Tattoo?

tony taouk
tony taouk wrote at 2:43am on October 24th 2016
Fr Mike makes some good comments but as most people do he does not put tattooing into the context of theology of the body and thus ends without a holistic outcome which favours an easier to accept stance

#2510     Saudi Arabia Executes Prince for Murder

Karan Arora
Karan Arora wrote at 7:37am on October 21st 2016

#2509     White Collar Heroes: Website Highlighting Our Awesome Priests

Karan Arora
Karan Arora wrote at 7:37am on October 21st 2016

#2508     Are You a Single Catholic Looking for LOVE? Why Not Try These Catholic Pickup Lines:

Karan Arora