Ask a Priest Library Youth Ministry Diocese Event Calendar Xt3 TV

Total Comments : 2402

#2402     The Blessings Project - Video Reflection on the Beatitudes

Guy Sudano
Guy Sudano wrote at 3:12am on August 27th 2015
Hi-This is a music video that my son and I made, showing images of refugees, using a song I wrote the music for , based on the Beatitudes.
If anyone wants to record/perform or use the video/song, please contact me.
guyserhausen@gmail.com
Guy Sudano

#2401     Feast Day of St Bartholomew, Apostle - 24 August

Mary B
Mary B wrote at 11:30pm on August 24th 2015
Thank you Stephen! This has been fixed :)

#2400     Feast Day of St Bartholomew, Apostle - 24 August

Stephen Borja
Stephen Borja wrote at 3:34pm on August 24th 2015
Thanks for this!

A little comment: The link in this sentence--"We celebrate the feast day of St Bartholomew on 24 August. Visit this article to read more!" is not working.

#2399     Jason Evert: Is There a Difference Between Sex and Gender?

Victor Havel
Victor Havel wrote at 7:50am on August 23rd 2015
Always right on the money Brother Jason.

#2398     The Euthanasia Debate – Singer v Fisher

Cantor Edward Palamar
Cantor Edward Palamar wrote at 9:00pm on August 18th 2015
This show of intellectualism is a sign of the mass apostasy, not a debate.

"Thou shalt not kill."

End of discussion.

#2397     "Being a Father:" A Short Film on Why We Need Dads!

maria ammirati
maria ammirati wrote at 12:21pm on July 28th 2015
I think you should think twice about posting something from this website. although the video has a good message, I am not sure the organization that posted it should be promoted on xt3

#2396     Priestly Vocations are up in the U.S...What Gives?

Lester Zapata
Lester Zapata wrote at 3:22pm on July 19th 2015
I joined i religious comunity after WYD , the Missionary Oblate of Mary Immaculate. WYD helped me a lot to make that decision. I meet the Oblates in California in 2010. I am still in formation because it last then years. I ask for your prayers.

Have some one joined any religious community after WYD?

#2395     Theology on Tap - Sydney

Clare Westlund
Clare Westlund wrote at 6:10pm on June 22nd 2015
What a fantastic job you did on this presentation!

#2394     Theology on Tap - Sydney

Clare Westlund
Clare Westlund wrote at 5:53pm on June 22nd 2015
His testimony is absolutely amazing! I would love to thank him personally for what he did! I continue to pray for him!

#2393     Vincentian In Action - One Young Man Blogs About his One Week on the Streets

recheal ben
recheal ben wrote at 9:51am on June 22nd 2015
pls my dear contact me on this address rechealcumll@yahoo.com

#2392     NSW Order of Malta To Provide Community Health Care to City's Poor, Sick & Homeless

recheal ben
recheal ben wrote at 9:50am on June 22nd 2015
pls my dear contact me on this address rechealcumll@yah com

#2391     Bearing Wrongs Patiently: The 5th Spiritual Work of Mercy

recheal ben
recheal ben wrote at 9:50am on June 22nd 2015
pls my dear contact me on this address rechealcumll@yah com

#2390     ACYF2015 Official Song Submissions

recheal ben
recheal ben wrote at 7:23pm on June 20th 2015
pls my dear contact me on this address rechealcumll@yah com

#2389     The Third Way - The Catholic Church and Homosexuality

Reuben Mark Ortiz/Silverbird
Reuben Mark Ortiz/Silverbird wrote at 9:32pm on June 7th 2015
If only the heading were different: The Third Way, Homosexuality and the Catholic church is like saying, Homosexuality and Jesus Christ making it look like it is an accepted practice of Homosexuality by definition.

Also: it is very confusing when a man like Fr. Timothy Radcliffe is hired by our Pope, who says things like: "This is not to denigrate committed love of people of the same sex. This too should be cherished and supported, which is why church leaders are slowly coming to support samesex civil unions. The God of love can be present in every true love."

"True Love" according to our GOD of love is between a man and a woman.
Just read 1 Corinthians, Chapter 7

Our Pope gives no explanation to Fr. Timothy Radcliffe who has very radical gay acceptance ideas, and so this film with its heading makes me wonder even more if Jesus' Catholic church is being set up for a heresy.

This is a definition given of Judas in one of the books of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich: He that is conscious of being so strictly temperate, needs neither rule nor direction. He bears in himself his law.

GOD bless you.
Jesus, I trust in YOU

#2388     Catholicism and the Challenge of Ecology

maria ammirati
maria ammirati wrote at 1:59pm on June 3rd 2015
nice reminder of human purpose

#2387     Do Catholics Pray to Mary?

Antonella D
Antonella D wrote at 2:25am on May 18th 2015
I find your answer very misleading and, frankly, not in keeping with Catholic teaching. Throughout the centuries Christians, saints, Fathers and Doctors of the Church etc. have unceasingly prayed to Mary! What about recent XX century Popes_ Everywhere they went, everything document they wrote, ends with a prayer to Mary.
While we can certainly agree in saying that we pray with the saints and with Mary, as Acts reminds us (Acts 1:14)... we do pray to Mary as well! We join the archangel Gabriel in saying, °Hail full of grace!° We join Elizabeth in praising her, as she rejoice at the unexpected visit of the Mother of her Lord, °Blessed are you among women!° And we do turn to her. She is our Mother! She has been given to us by Jesus Himself as our mother. Is a child not supposed to talk with his/her mother? To have recourse to his mother? That's "praying to" her, who in turn intercedes for us with her Son. You are probably too concerned to make sure our Christian brothers are not led to think we turn to Mary rather than to Christ. I think we should make sure they see the beauty of having a mother who has made Christ our brother as st. Francis said, a Mother given to us by Jesus himself. And She takes us to Him...! And actually, many of them DO pray to Mary. They even pray the Rosary. Do not be afraid to love her too much! She will not stop the love, the prayer to herself, but direct it all to the LORD!

#2386     Fr. Roderick's Priceless Reaction to the New Star Wars Trailer

Laura Cain
Laura Cain wrote at 2:08am on May 1st 2015
Hi Paul,

I respectfully disagree with you. I think exposing young people to a priest through a YouTube video and showing that priests are normal people too - people that get excited about new movies, books etc (that may not have anything to do with the faith)...it is a great and clever way to evangelize.

Fr Roderick chose to wear his collar I think a very deliberate move which he does in most of his YouTube videos. This video has gone viral and has had over 1, 000, 000 views and people searching on YouTube for the Star Wars trailer will have Fr Roderick's video pop up in their news feed. Seeing a priest, a joyful young priest in his collar is a great thing and can encourage vocations.

If you open the video on YouTube https://youtu.be/ayLZk4oNwuQ

Some of the comments give a great insight into why as Catholics we need to be in this digital space in new and unique ways like Fr Roderick:

one comment I read:

Zink66 1 week ago: As a Muslim and someone equally excited with star wars, seeing this Priest's excitement over the same thing makes u realize how stupid it is to fight over religious differences. Lets all have fun and enjoy this movie as human beings.

TheShutteredRoom 2 weeks ago
Father, I am an atheist, but I wish the true soul you show in your eyes be replicated a million times in all church people.

In my opinion the priesthood is given credibility when priests like Fr Roderick show their personalities likes and dislikes or give their own testimonies. This draws the audience into other videos he will post they may even subscribe to his channel and they may click on a video where he is talking about the faith. They could private message him saying Fr I saw your Star Wars video and wanted to ask you a question about the faith...

This video is an opportunity for relationship.

Can I take an excerpt from Pope Benedict's 47th World Communications Day Message:

"Dear Brothers and Sisters,

As the 2013 World Communications Day draws near, I would like to offer you some reflections on an increasingly important reality regarding the way in which people today communicate among themselves. I wish to consider the development of digital social networks which are helping to create a new “agora”, an open public square in which people share ideas, information and opinions, and in which new relationships and forms of community can come into being.

These spaces, when engaged in a wise and balanced way, help to foster forms of dialogue and debate which, if conducted respectfully and with concern for privacy, responsibility and truthfulness, can reinforce the bonds of unity between individuals and effectively promote the harmony of the human family. The exchange of information can become true communication, links ripen into friendships, and connections facilitate communion. If the networks are called to realize this great potential, the people involved in them must make an effort to be authentic since, in these spaces, it is not only ideas and information that are shared, but ultimately our very selves."

I think Fr Roderick shares himself brilliantly and I believe vocations will come from his presence in this new "agora"

#2385     Fr. Roderick's Priceless Reaction to the New Star Wars Trailer

Paul Grova
Paul Grova wrote at 1:35am on April 29th 2015
I must be getting old but an example of Christian Joy ??? Can't this priest find something better to do than expose his Star wars obsession or does he react this way after each confession or Mass etc? Sorry to be a party pooper but really, the priesthood needs credibility based on something real and inspiring, especially under life's current challenges. I remind myself of 1cor 13:11 though, where love needs to trump all.

#2384     Three Fallacies in the “Dress Code Debates”

Brother John-Paul Ignatius Mary, OMSM(r), L.Th., D.D.
Brother John-Paul Ignatius Mary, OMSM(r), L.Th., D.D. wrote at 3:35am on March 23rd 2015
We need to remember the teaching of St. John Chrysostom on modesty. Remember as you read this that the teaching the Saint is giving was 1603 years ago (the 5th century). Nevertheless notice just how applicable it is today in the 21st Century.

You carry your snare everywhere and spread your nets in all places. You allege that you never invited others to sin. You did not, indeed, by your words, but you have done so by your dress and your deportment and much more effectively than you could by your voice.

When you have made another sin in his heart, how can you be innocent?

Tell me, whom does this world condemn? Whom do judges in court punish? Those who drink poison or those who prepare it and administer the fatal potion? You have prepared the abominable cup, you have given the death-dealing drink, and you are more criminal than are those who poison the body; you murder not the body but the soul. And it is not to enemies you do this, nor are you urged on by any imaginary necessity, nor provoked by injury, but out of foolish vanity and pride.

#2383     Ask a Priest - If We Confess Our Sins, Do We Still Need to Atone for Them?

David Rozario
David Rozario wrote at 8:11pm on March 21st 2015
Thankyou Father for this important reflection for this Blessed season.

You are viewing 1 - 20 of 2402 items