As a Catholic site we encourage debate and dialogue from all traditions, while requesting that you respect our Catholic ethos. We would ask you to treat all members with charity and respect, and for this reason personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please do not join this site to promote beliefs or practices that oppose the Catholic faith.
Any content that is vulgar, sexually-explicit, discriminatory, blasphemous, hateful, threatening, satanic or violating any laws will be removed. Similarly any messages that harass, insult, belittle, bully or threaten another member will be removed.
1. By clicking ‘I Accept' to the terms and conditions when becoming a member of Xt3 and/or by using the website at www.xt3.com ("Website") you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the privacy statement. You must read them carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions and the privacy statement, please do not access, use, or participate in Xt3. If, in our reasonable opinion, you commit acts that breach these terms and conditions, we can immediately without further notice terminate your membership of this Website. These terms and conditions and the privacy statement are enforced in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
2. This Website is owned and operated by the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Church for the Archdiocese of Sydney through the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney (CAS) (both referred to as "us" or "we"). The address of CAS is Level 16, Polding Centre, 133 Liverpool Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia.
3. The privacy statement forms part of these terms and conditions. Please read the privacy statement for more detailed information on how we store and use your personal information in accordance with the Australian National Privacy Principles before using or submitting any personal information or other content on the Website. Follow this link to read the privacy statement.
4. This Website is only for persons aged sixteen years or over and as such only persons aged sixteen or above may agree to these terms and use the Website. If you are under the age of 18 years then you must obtain the permission of your parent/legal guardian to create a user account and provide personal information online. We may terminate your account at any time if, in our reasonable opinion, you have not obtained such permission. You are required to create a user account before you can access certain content or submit or post material onto this Website. You must provide complete and accurate information when creating a user account, and must immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your user account. We reserve the right to co-operate with any legal order, direction or request to disclose the identity or other information relating to anyone posting content which violates any law.
5. We may modify these terms from time to time. In the event of a modification we will post the modified terms on the Website. The modified terms will come into effect as soon as they are posted on the Website and use of the Website after that point will be subject to the modified terms. It is your responsibility to review these Terms regularly. By continuing to use Xt3 you will be deemed to have accepted the modified terms.
6. All intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered), including copyright, design, patents, photographs, illustrations, software and trade marks in and on the Website shall remain vested with us or our licensors (including other users) (Our Materials). You do not have permission to copy, reproduce, broadcast, transmit, modify, rearrange, download or otherwise use Our Materials except for your own personal non-commercial use as set out in these terms and conditions. We do not grant any licence or right in, or assign all or part of, our intellectual property rights in Our Materials or applications incorporated into the Website or in the user interface of the Website. You agree not to reproduce, broadcast, transmit, modify, rearrange, download or otherwise use Our Materials without our express prior written consent.
7. This Website may contain links to other websites (Linked Sites). These Linked Sites are outside of our control and as such we do not accept responsibility or liability for their content, materials, products or services, or warrant the accuracy or security of the Linked Sites. If you use a Linked Site you do so entirely at your own risk. Our inclusion of links to Linked Sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on them or any association with their owners or operators. Linked Sites may contain advertisements or hyperlinks to other sites - such advertisements or hyperlinked materials are not recommendations or endorsements by us and we are not responsible for the products or services being advertised. If you access other content or services from third party sites, we are not responsible for your compliance with local laws or other applicable laws.
8. We permit you to provide links to this Website. You may use the name "Xt3" in the text of any such link, you may not use our logo or any of our other trade marks without our prior written consent. You must not frame this Website, or represent or imply that any part of the Website belongs to anyone other than us. If we notify you that we object to the way in which you provide links to this Website, you must immediately cease providing such links.
9. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and prohibit materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights. If you believe that any material on this Website infringes copyright, please send a written notification of such infringement to our Copyright Agent by taking the following steps:
Forward these details to: The Xt3 Copyright Officer, Level 15, Polding Centre, 133 Liverpool Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia; or email Xt3@sydneycatholic.org. We will use our reasonable endeavours to contact the source of the allegedly infringing material and may remove any content which is the subject of a notice under this clause 9 within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to take any further steps we deem necessary to further investigate such content.
10. The Website is built to allow members (referred to as "you" or "the member") to communicate with each other.
THINK VERY CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL PRIVACY AND SAFETY:
As Xt3 is about sharing information and ideas with other like minded people, individuals or organisations that you interact with while using the Website may approach you to organise offline meetings or activities. You must satisfy yourself as to the identity of any persons or organisations that you agree to meet offline and that their intentions for meeting with you are bona fide. We do not guarantee or warrant in any way that persons who you interact with on the Website are who they claim to be. For example, just because a user says that they are a priest, brother, sister, bishop or archbishop does not necessarily mean that they are.
MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS MEET OFFLINE SAFELY: -
MAKE SURE YOU USE THE WEBSITE SAFELY: -
YOU SHOULD ALSO BE AWARE THAT INFORMATION THAT YOU POST ON THIS OR ANY OTHER SITE MAY AFFECT YOUR OFFLINE LIFE, FOR EXAMPLE YOU MUST NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION DETAILS INCLUDING YOUR ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER, YEAR OF BIRTH OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION WHICH MIGHT POSE A RISK TO YOUR PERSONAL PRIVACY OR EVEN SAFETY.
More information about using social networks safely can be found at:
Safety tips on social networking: http://www.connectsafely.org/Table/Safety-Tips/
Privacy survival guide: http://www.privacy.gov.au/topics/youth/index.html
Tips on how to avoid scams: http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/693900
11. You may only use the Website for lawful purposes, in a responsible manner, and in accordance with these terms and conditions. By using this Website:
Furthermore, by using this Website you agree that you will not:
This site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so on your own account and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
We reserve the right to edit, refuse to post, or to remove content submitted by you in our sole discretion.
12. You must not make any false assertion or misrepresentation of any kind while using the Website, including as to your name, age, gender, title, occupation, qualification, accreditation, expertise or your associations, affiliations or memberships. You also must not use the Website for any immoral, illegal or criminal purpose. We have the right in our sole discretion to undertake any checks or investigations that we deem necessary from time to time in respect to all assertions and representations made by you, and all activity undertaken by you, while using the Website. We have the right in our sole discretion to refuse your access to the Website and to terminate your user account at any time if we believe that you have made a false assertion or misrepresentation, or have used the Website for an immoral, illegal or criminal purpose or otherwise breached these terms and conditions.
13. You are responsible and liable for all your activities while using and participating in activities on Xt3. We are not liable for any loss of confidentiality or for any damages arising from your failure to comply with Website security measures. We request that you promptly report to us any unauthorised use of your user account and password. You agree that we are not liable for any damage which may result from your neglect or otherwise from your use of the Website.
14. The Xt3 areas are not designed as the primary places to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to Xt3 such as photos, documents and software. We are not responsible for loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of any materials.
15. We offer no conditions or warranties, representations or any other terms in relation to the Website. The use of this Website is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude all conditions and warranties (express and implied) of any kind. To the extent permitted by law, liability under any condition or warranty which cannot be legally excluded is limited at our option to replacement or resupply of goods or services or payment for the same. While we endeavour to provide a functional Website, we do not guarantee that your use of the Website will be uninterrupted, error free or that the Website or the server from which it operates are free of viruses or other harmful components. We are not responsible for any loss, corruption or interception of data sent to or from our Website which occurs outside of our computer systems (such as those which occur while being sent over the internet). We recommend that you install and use up-to-date anti-virus and firewall software on your computer. We do not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to this Website or any content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you using the Website, or any content which has been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this Website. We do not endorse any opinion, recommendation or advice contained in materials on the Website which have been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this Website.
Under no circumstances (including without limitation, any act or omission on our part) will we be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss whatsoever which results from any use or access of (or inability to use or access) this Website, or any materials or content on this Website.
16. You agree to indemnify Xt3, CAS and our respective directors, officers, agents and affiliates from and against all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
17. This Website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. We make no representations that the materials on this Website are appropriate for use in other locations. Those who access this Website from locations outside of Australia do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable it will not affect the remainder of these Terms and Conditions which will continue in full force and effect.
We reserve the right to remove at any time, without notice or explanation, any member account or user-created Service or any particular posting that violates these Terms and Conditions, or to otherwise terminate your access to the Website in our sole discretion.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 7 August 2009.